Quote of the moment

"If any of you wants to be my follower, you must first put aside your selfish ambition, shoulder your cross daily, and follow me."

Luke 9:23 (NLT)

Friday, July 07, 2006

Church Building

Although i'm always snubbing CL whenever she goes into her "Rick Warren says..." rant, i'm actually envious that she got to attend the Purpose Driven Church Convention that's being held this week. Heck, i didn't even know about the event until today. Bleah.

Its not that i'm against Rick Warren, i'm actually very partial to him, its just that i get worried whenever anyone idolises someone, no matter how great. I've not read many of his books, but from what i've read, 99% of the time i find myself agreeing with him, while at the same time pleasantly surprised that that i'm not alone in some of my thoughts and theories. Here is someone who had gone and done it!

There, i hope that clears up my anti-RW image heh.

***

You know, i had always thought about how one should go about building a Church. But i realise i've always been going about it in the Perfect-case scenario. Start off with a team of dedicated Christians who have the same vision, attract people who become imbued with that same fervent, even fanatic passion for Christ, spread the fire...

But the real world isn't like that. In the first place i'm not the perfect Christian Leader i envision myself to be one day... Far from it in fact. But i do go into that God-Please-Use-Me frenzy now and then, so i suppose i'm not THAT hopeless ^ ^

Yet... given the choice, i would still want to have that perfect scenario. Oh i don't expect to have that dedicated team drop out of the sky. I'll have to find them and pass the fervor unto them. Much like how i've been spreading the Mac/PSP cult mentality to those i come into contact with haha... Good training i suppose? It started off with only me having a PSP in my workplace. Today there are easily half a dozen of us, including my direct superior, and we're mostly hooked on the same multiplayer game, Monster Hunter namely. And now i've gotten XY and LQ onto the Mac platform, with JJ, Char and Mel in my target sights haha... Nuts. Mmmm... but i digress.

Truth be told, i want to build my own Church one day. If God ever calls me to. If i ever finish learning the lessons given to me, being the slow learner that i am... I do believe that the Army has been a good learning environment for me. I've seen and heard and gone through alot in the organisation. All i've to do is to digest all that data and transform it into useful information for my future use. In particular i think i've learnt alot about people and what drives them. Leadership. Respect. Responsibilities. Gritting one's teeth through tough patches...

So there, any volunteers for the team that i'm gonna need? People who dare to dream for the Church. Crazy but not impossible dreams. And be willing to slog it out of course. Oh, and its a 24hrs a day, 7 days a week job :)

"Church growth is a byproduct of the Church introducing more souls into Eternity. Our Vision is not to increase Church membership, but to have everyone around us gain entry into Heaven together with us." - Justus 2006 ^ ^

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

the onli reason i would ever wan a mac would be bcuz its all white..
wahahahs..=x
dun try to psyco mi..
unless thats my birthday present..
wahahahs..>.<

3:24 AM  
Blogger CL said...

A great committment, to a great commandment and the great commission will grow a great church!

Saddleback Church's Motto...

12:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home