Quote of the moment

"If any of you wants to be my follower, you must first put aside your selfish ambition, shoulder your cross daily, and follow me."

Luke 9:23 (NLT)

Sunday, September 24, 2006

The WAY

Wooo...! Just finished Miyamoto Musashi by Eji Yoshikawa. I've waited like 5 years? to get my hands on the book... always turned away by the cost. But finally, Kinokuniya has done it again with a paperback at only $40 haha...

Miyamoto Musashi... a real life person living in 15th? Century Japan, considered the greatest Swordsman ever, albeit the controversy surrounding him. His Way of the Samurai appeals to me tremendously as i read the book and did some digging on the internet. Here is a man who dared to throw his whole life into the pursuit of something he could only vaguely grasp. A dream?

Only recently i was admonished by someone much younger than me for having my head in the clouds, living in my own fantasy world, ignoring the real world and refusing to acknowledge reality.

I tried but failed to convey my thoughts and feelings across, which probably resulted in alot of misunderstanding. I can't, probably because i'm still seeking...

Of course it would be much simpler and seemingly wiser to just do what others are doing, follow what has been taught and just go along with what the rest of the world is doing. But just like Musashi, i too have come to realise something about my life and of this world that we live in, and i have to find out what exactly it is. How do i explain what i feel? I'm at a loss argh... All i know is that if i do not follow the urgings of my soul in this, i would be giving up my right to exist as an individual and become just another faceless person on this world going through my 70 odd years on this world, taking nothing nor leaving anything behind.

I'm not getting any younger i know. Fast approaching 30 and looking at the progress (can i even say progress???) i've made, even i am on the verge of panicking at times. So long as i'm still on this path that i've chosen, i'll appear unreliable and unstable to the people around me, ie. forget about setting up a family dude. I've always yearned to set up my own family and have my own kids. But i suppose if its not going to happen so be it. Seriously i'm more worried that i'll never attain the Truth that i'm seeking. That i've lost the Way to it.

Jesus said He is the Way and the Truth. Could it be because i've drifted from Him that i'm starting to doubt?

Descartes asked: What can we know for certain? His answer to the question was: I Think, therefore I Am. That we can only be sure of our own existence because we think. And that is what i've been pondering 13 years ago when i was thinking about life and death, about what it means to exist and about the existence of other things. Oh how many times have i wondered if everything else was just my imagination? How many times have i wondered if the other person really existed since there was no way for me to prove that he could actually think, as i did? For all i know i may be conjuring him up in my brain. Just like how everything seems so real in dreams with each character having their own form and personality, able to communicate with yourself.

You know what, i'm just confusing myself and everyone who's reading this. Next thing i know i'm gonna get worried looks and another talk with the pastor -..-

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home