Quote of the moment

"If any of you wants to be my follower, you must first put aside your selfish ambition, shoulder your cross daily, and follow me."

Luke 9:23 (NLT)

Monday, July 24, 2006

Philippines Trip

I'm back! Well actually i've already touched down yesterday... *looks at clock* err... the day before at around 8pm. I was simply too tired (flew for 3 hours!!!) and uninspired to blog i guess?

It was an interesting trip to Angeles City, Philippines. An EXPENSIVE trip in the end. Totally blew my budget out of the water. Which means i'm gonna have to scrimp and save (like i will...) to pay back all the credit card debts that i had incurred during my trip there.

I suppose for this post i'm just gonna put up some pictures of the places i visited there with short descriptions. No photos of the trek in Baguio sadly. It was raining on and off and i really didn't want my new phone to catch a flu ^ ^ But the main dish will be in the NEXT blog, that will be wordy, but more to the heart for me. So watch for it! Hehe...

Ok on with the photos.

A view of heaven?



Town area in Balibago, outside of the red light district / poorer districts.





Shopping Centre



Catholic Church - Holy Angels, on Sunday. Its like a mini fair with tons of peopl selling stuff there. Usually religious items like the cathoic garlands and rosaries and stuff. I don't know the terms. A bunch of child beggars were there too.





My first lunch at a local eatery near my hotel... Love the glass bottles. Oh and thats fried rice i was having haha...



This is the main road from that runs through the redlight district. Over here are the grocery stalls, eateries and marts, further up will be a congestion of bars. I didn't take any pictures of the girls outside the bars though. Really -..-



Cinema in newly opened mall, not unlike that which you find in Singapore. The nice thing about the cinemas here is: Free seating, except there's this distinction between normal seats and balcony seats. Normal's about $2 and balcony's about $3? And get this, you can sit there all day if you want. When we went, the show was already a quater way through. But we just remained there for the next screening which was just around 5 mins after the last show. Cool huh? Oh and this hall's HUGE. Perfect for Charis Angeles Church don't you think? :p



Ok thats all for now... more pictures in flickr as usual. Haven't found time to label the pictures properly yet too. Didn't really find too many things i want to take pictures of mehhh...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home