Quote of the moment

"If any of you wants to be my follower, you must first put aside your selfish ambition, shoulder your cross daily, and follow me."

Luke 9:23 (NLT)

Sunday, June 08, 2008

Feeling old...



Took some shots of kids playing at the fountain @ Bugis earlier while waiting for wife to knock off... They're so innocent and pure!

Funny how I was thinking the same thing in church in the morning, looking at all the teens who I've sort of watched grow up. Can't help but wonder how many of them will be together with us in church still in our old age... Can't help but worry for those going through what I've gone through before... and I know too well how dangerous this period is! Especially those who've decided that the black hair that God has given them isn't good enough, and they can't WAIT till they're older to start spoiling their hair >..<

Which brings me to the crux of it all, WAITING. Telling a teenager to WAIT is like saying NO to him/her. And it is exactly because of this unwillingness to wait, this impatience, that many wrongdoings are committed, many regrets come about later in life.

Funny how I recall my elders giving me advice, telling me their regrets, and now I'm trying to do the same to my juniors. Lol. How can I do it better? How can I help them such that they will be alert, and avoid the pitfalls that I've fallen into once and again? What more can I do that others could have done to help me? These are the questions that plague me yet have no answers to. I knew what not to do, yet I CHOSE to disobey. It is a personal choice that no one can really influence. When that moment comes, its between you, satan and God.

I wonder how I stuck to my convictions NEVER to smoke, NEVER to gamble yet failed in those that mattered more to those who love me and I love...? Perhaps when I understand, I can better share and guide those I love...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home