Quote of the moment

"If any of you wants to be my follower, you must first put aside your selfish ambition, shoulder your cross daily, and follow me."

Luke 9:23 (NLT)

Monday, May 12, 2008

Poetic Night

Long overdue post of something I read on the tray ad at Coffee Bean :)

TIME SPENT

It's not the nights, I have to bear
It's not the days I have to serve
By time I wait, while I am lost
It's the weight of sin I have to bear
The ones I love, but fail to serve
By time I know, I'm in a loss
These are the seals upon my heart
That's trapped within a hardened shell
Hiding a shame I'll never tell
But enters this shell, a grain of sand
Layered coatings of lessons learned
Reflections of itself back then
A new found grace, polished with faith
Patience reveals a glow within
A beautiful pearl as black as sin
In fear of thunder, there's a promise of rain
For every loss, a hidden gain
Faith and patience: remedies for pain
So to my Lord, I do repent
To my love, I'll make amends
For all my sins, my faults. Amen
To gain what's lost, when time was spent

Winning poem by prison inmate for the Yellow Ribbon Poetry Competition.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home