Quote of the moment

"If any of you wants to be my follower, you must first put aside your selfish ambition, shoulder your cross daily, and follow me."

Luke 9:23 (NLT)

Saturday, October 15, 2005

Did you know...

I talk to myself when i'm walking alone... Haha... its true. I probably like the sound of my own voice too much lol...

The strange thing is, i use perfect english, fully articulated with every word nicely pronounced, with a slight hint of a slang even when i talk to myself. But when i talk to people, for some reason i can't do it.

Perhaps it feels weird for a Chinese to be speaking THAT way... I mean, especially since most of the people i hang out with use Singlish, it would be kinda weird if i didn't sing-along lol... And i didn't want to be seen as a showoff either i guess. Hmm... But i dream of living amongst the Westerners someday, and learn to speak like them, especially the English! Americano is too punk and laid back. I simply LOVE how the English speak. Lol...

Oh and i sing in both English and Mandarin as well... my own creation according to my mood at the time... Haha...

5 Comments:

Blogger Karen said...

Oh don't be scared to speak perfect English.

1:39 PM  
Blogger Karen said...

You made me feel better, I needed a guy's opinion. Thanks :)

2:40 PM  
Blogger Justus said...

No charge ^^

3:13 PM  
Blogger Swexie said...

Maybe you do so because you want to improve the way you speak... It's actually good...

7:26 PM  
Blogger Justus said...

Sweet: I guess so... but then i'm not applying it in normal circumstances lol... weird...

Bubbletoes: Lol... i'm not sure if that makes us "normal", might need to find more people haha...

12:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home