Quote of the moment

"If any of you wants to be my follower, you must first put aside your selfish ambition, shoulder your cross daily, and follow me."

Luke 9:23 (NLT)

Friday, February 17, 2006

Sorry Mum...

Had another of those arguments with my mum, about how i wish she'd trust me more and give me a chance to be a good son, instead of chasing after my arse for her monthly allowance, making it seem like i'm being forced into giving her the money...

Heck, i was so fed up with her refusal to admit being wrong in the way she handled me that i gave her $20 to go catch I Not Stupid Too with Dad haha... Now you know why ticket sales are so good.

Anyway i said my piece, she gave hers. And i finally told her why i've been scrimping so much the past year... My Credit Card debt from my "exodus" period. Between that crazy thousand buck phone bill, credit card bills and repaying her for the study loan, i had next to nothing left after giving tithe and topping up my Eazi-Link. Its really not that i don't want to give her more, but that i really couldn't, not until i repaid everything. Give me credit for settling that dumb phone bill ya? And i've repaid 1/3 of the credit card bills already... Slowly but steadily clearing up the mess left behind by my past. >.<

Mum toned down ALOT after i told her about the debt. And she volunteered to clear my debt for me first so at least i won't be incurring that loan-shark-like interest. Which means i'll continue repaying her till forever haha... Well, i refused the offer at first, cos in another month i would have cleared the study loan from her and can finally start giving her the cash not as repayment, but as something i willingly give her. She kept insisting and in the end i gave in, cos she said she knows what's in my heart now. So yea... so long as she knows... Anyway now that the bank debt will be cleared, no need to rush THAT much cos mum won't charge me interest... err... not at the bank rate anyway, so i've decided to repay her 600 every month and on top of that i'll give her 200, which i INSISTED is not to be included in the repayment. Its something extra i want to give her. And i handed her 200 immediately to seal the deal lol... She wanted to refuse it, saying start next month, but nah... i want to start giving her what i want to give NOW. I WANT to give my mum money to spend ya? 27 years le... Bahhh... Enough worrying about the useless son ya?

So ya, sometime next year i'll finish repaying all the debts that i owe, can prob give her more. I said i'll give at least 100 more than whatever my sis' giving (to challenge her at the same time myself...). Haha... And yea, once my finances are finally stabalised maybe i can start saving, and even seriously consider buying a car after i've saved abit. My dream car Rx-8? Mehh... if i find someone in my life who supports the idea and willing to share the load bahhh hahaha... FAT HOPE.

Anyway ya... Mum, i wish i hadn't lost your trust and faith all those years ago, i didn't like how you mistrusted me these years, but i know its my fault for losing it in the first place. Yea, you know we don't say it face to face in our family, but yeap I love you and am thankful for a mum like you!

2 Comments:

Blogger CL said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

1:02 AM  
Blogger Justus said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

8:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home