Quote of the moment

"If any of you wants to be my follower, you must first put aside your selfish ambition, shoulder your cross daily, and follow me."

Luke 9:23 (NLT)

Thursday, February 02, 2006

A New Day...

Woke up this morning and saw msgs left by a FEW people on msn accusing me of being on my game and not replying... >.<

ACTUALLY i fell asleep at 8 and only woke up at 4am, switched off my lappy and went back to sleep again... Been real sleepy these few days for some reason. Hmm...

***

Anyway.

I reached Clementi and missed the stoopig bus by a few seconds -.- So i decided go down Mcdonalds (did you know the Aussies call it Maccas? Duh...) and have a take away meal.

It may all seem very normal to you. But as i was walking towards the gates of my camp with my breakfast swinging from my hand, i suddenly had this thought: Hey! I'm going to work! Its not booking into camp anymore, but going to work! I can just imagine a certain someone going "Big Deal!" But it is a big deal... to me at least. Its about time i saw going to camp not as a NS boy would, but as an adult going to work. Whoa! Going to work with my breakfast ready to be eaten haha...

Just as i was about to step through the gates, another thought hit me. No, no, no! Its not just going to work either! I'm going to evangelise. This stoopig, boring, backstabbing place is my field and i'm here to reap the harvest! Well THANKS eh? Had to give me this patch -.-"

I mean i've known this all along of course, the theory of letting being a Christian be our main occupation while our job's just a part-time. But to really SEE our workplace as a field... and to work towards preparing all the not-so-pretty people in there for harvest, wow thats a step forward! Sometimes i want to swing my scythe not to reap but to rip their "bodo" heads off though hahaha...

Ok so i'm elated but at the same time i was kinda feeling crap. Can't i have another nicer patch of ground to work with? Mehhhhhh... What is impossible for JUSTUS anyway? Hurmphf... *Rolls up sleeves* I'll get them all ^^

***

Oh did i mention i bought Josh (or was it Joshua? -.-) Harris' I Kissed Dating Goodbye for the 3rd time? Haha... Gave the previous 2 away. Well, this morning i had a sudden inspiration so i went and left it on my sis' bag. Yay to me ^^ Hopefully she brought it to work and is reading it even as i type...

Right, feeling chirpy, with my lappy blasting away a FIR album away in the background (yeah i snuck my personal lappy into camp today haha), bursting with love and no where to throw it duh... Checked my mail, and saw it 80% filled with mail from Cassie. The other 19% being junk mail.

Sigh... She has been a really good buddy to me when i needed company the most. And i haven't done much to lead her towards finding a true purpose in life via God. Always been led around by her instead duh. Looking back, i realise i do miss her and her crazy antics... some of it anyway. And i realise the debt that i owe her. The evangelical debt. I pray for the wisdom to lead the people around me towards knowing God. Or, using the currect army catchphrase: I wish for the wisdom to FACILITATE their discovery of God...

Wow its only 9:30 but i feel like i've done quite abit already hehe... Time to go back to "The Purpose Driven Life" and maybe FINISH it this time ^^

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home