Quote of the moment

"If any of you wants to be my follower, you must first put aside your selfish ambition, shoulder your cross daily, and follow me."

Luke 9:23 (NLT)

Saturday, May 27, 2006

Mehhh

Was about to turn in cos gotta wake up at 6am later to bring my guys for live firing of some 80kg worth of explosives -..-
Checked my unmoderated comments and saw this. Decided to post it here and perhaps answer it once and for all instead of replying to the post which no one might ever see... So here goes.

***
I think one needs to know his/her limit, for example, u are too pocessed over christianity. Devoting all ur life to god. If god is good, why then are u still single? has god been kind enough to grant u a wife now?
no rite? there is no god, stop deceiveing urself.We rely on our hard will and determination to succeed, not look upon god for strength.
You will deterioate if u continue to think that god is everything.why must u pray so hard in churched? pray and donate away money foolishly during each service? for god? for an "object" that is of non-exisitence?
repent and stop being so reliant on something artificial.
u reap what u sow, destiny lies in ur own hand and not in the hands of your so called "god"
***

I don't blame the person who wrote this. Sounds suspiciously like Ms Stalker back to haunt me... Haha... Anyway, yea, for someone who doesn't understand, i place no blame.

Its really funny how this type of comments on my blog is always linked to the fact that i'm currenly single. -..- I believe... that had i wanted so, i can be a married man right now, probably even a father. Very probably. If i had just simply threw away my dream of a truly happy family. I suppose its true that religion is the main cause of my bachelorhood right now. But its my choice, not an act of God turning all the women around me against me. Perhaps this argument will only be settled when one day, i finally settle down with this one girl who sees life as i do?

Do i really come across as someone who's that attached to God? Halleluiah if i do. Haha... I've always thought that i give people the impression of someone frivolous and self indulged. Heh.

I agree that we should always depend on our own two hands for success in worldly affairs. Afterall, thats the reason why God gave us hands isn't it? And it is true that your labour may bear fruit. The only problem is, i'm not seeking success of that sort. I'm chasing after an ideal. A belief that one can BE like Jesus. Just for a day, if not a lifetime. And this quest of mine is simply unattainable by my own two hands, no matter how strongwilled i am. So long as i'm depending on myself, i'm doomed to failure.

Now then, what is money? We need money to survive, to feed ourselves, to live. So then for what do we live? To earn money? Where's the logic in that? Money is simply the means to which we maintain our life, but we live for a purpose that has nothing to do with money, which is but a tool in the world. So long as i have enough money to keep myself alive, what use is there for the rest of it? I suppose self indulgence in garnering luxury items and worldly possessions has its kicks at times. But seriously none of them fill that bottomless pit within my heart.

I don't expect God to give me riches in this world that would fill that hole. It isn't what i want either. I believe that He wants to give me something far more precious. Something philosophers and great thinkers throughout the ages have sought but never found. The purpose to my life. The purpose to all life. The purpose to living. The purpose to existing. The purpose of spending these 70-odd years wandering about upon the earth. Surely it is something worthwhile. Definitely it can't be something that can't even outlast me. What is it that i'm expected to discover in living, that would justify my whole existence? That, my friend, is why i'm what you call a Christian. I follow, because He has shown the way. Not the answer of course, for i too believe that the answer is different for everyone, to a certain extent. He is the way and the truth.

No you won't be satisfied by this answer i give of course. Not because it doesn't make sense, but because you refuse to let it make sense. Rubbish you say, ravings of a man possessed. I read somewhere this phrase "Whatever floats your boat~" Heh... i say, "Whatever makes you truly happy... spilling forth from the very core of your being..."

I like last week's sermon. When you see a house in the middle of no where, you would automatically expect someone to have built it. No way would you think that the house simply came to be there by itself, perhaps blown together by the wind by accident in perfect alignment and complete with all the right materials. So then, why do you believe that this world simply existed, without a God to put it all together in perfect harmony?

Cheers and Goodnight~

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

WA! long post. nice one though! ha.. the part about the house.. so true.

11:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home