Quote of the moment

"If any of you wants to be my follower, you must first put aside your selfish ambition, shoulder your cross daily, and follow me."

Luke 9:23 (NLT)

Saturday, May 27, 2006

Treasure Trove

For the uninformed, i had once again surrendered to my alter ego and bought a Gameboy Mico... of all things... Its really cute though, potential babe magnet? Haha... Anyway i bought it purely for the sake of having a Final Fantasy game on the go. And perhaps a couple of nice turn based strategy games to go along. Since PSP for some reason has yet to come out with games of the genre that i dig.

So there i was spending the past hour ferreting about the assorted trash piles littered around my room, cupboards, bins, boxes... for the few GBA cartridges that i had owned previously, which i swear to have seen only very recently.

Well, the cartridges managed to evade me without leaving a trace, but i did come upon treasures long forgotten. Letters dated as far back as 1997 from a penpal (i can't even REMEMBER ever having a penpal -..-), correspondences with my cousin who, now that i think of it, is also called Charlene..., tons of little cards, bookmarks, notes from Doreen when we were together..., Neoprints and cards taken together with various girls (gosh, Cassie looked so dorky back then! But it was the in-thing then wasn't it? Heh)... And various other little trinkets gathering dust, rust and what not.

So much for claiming to have a terrific memory. There's so much i couldn't remember until the memories were triggered by the items dug up. So much for claiming to be sentimental when there's so much that i didn't bother remembering in the more accessible recesses of my brain. And so much guilt... reading all the momentos Doreen left me. Sure things didn't end well, but there's proof there existed a time when she spent her time thinking of me, caring for me and perhaps living for me. Can't say i've done much of the same for her or anyone else for that matter. Argh... i didn't even know Ping wrote a letter AND a Christmas card to me! (Btw, Ping, if you ever read this, i seriously think u've got the nicest handwriting i've ever seen, EVER)

Kinda glad i NEVER throw any of the stuff i receive from people away. Its all stuffed somewhere... with the belief that one day i'll come back and go through them again... whether intentionally or not i have no idea. But i really do believe. Yes, even SOME birthday "card" made out of graph paper is being kept. I even managed to find like THREE of my previous wallets. And thats alot considering i've owned like around only 5 wallets since Secondary school?

Ok maybe my memory's good afterall, cos all the items bring back wave after wave of memories. Emotions. Thoughts. Perhaps its only my heart that's not what it should be. I guess i was right a couple of weeks back when i decided that i had been a rotten friend to all the people around me so far. Oh if u noticed i changed my profile in Friendster to reflect that then.

Sigh.

Let me learn how to be a friend. THEN shall i talk about being a BOYFRIEND. ^ ^"

Oh, i had already decided on the name Justus in JC?? Saw that in a letter from penpal from that period. Gosh... I always thought i had chosen that name to be used during NS -..-

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home