Quote of the moment

"If any of you wants to be my follower, you must first put aside your selfish ambition, shoulder your cross daily, and follow me."

Luke 9:23 (NLT)

Tuesday, April 25, 2006

A very nice passage

Philippians 4: 11-13

... For I have learnt to get along HAPPILY whether I have much or little. I know how to live on almost nothing or with everything. I have learned the secret of living in every situation, whether it is with a full stomach or empty, with plenty or little. For i can do everything with the help of Christ who gives me the strength I need. (NLT)

Notice the word "Happily" in the verse. Paul didn't just scrap by miserably when he had little. He scrapped by HAPPILY. Did you feel the WOW? Haha... ok nevermind...

I want to reach that standard though. When rags or riches don't matter anymore, or rather they don't make a difference. When my happiness is derived not from what i have but from God. Happiness from above. WOW.

***

I've always heard people saying that there's nothing wrong with Christians being rich. I agree. And for those people, i suppose their camels can go through the eye of a needle (Eh... something Christ said in the Bible laaa...). They have reached the standard mentioned above.

But for the rest of us who aren't, WHY do we want to be rich? Those people are rich probably because they just HAPPENED to be rich, blundered into it probably. I don't think people who have reached Paul's standard would actually pray and ask to be rich.

If you haven't reached that standard, you're probably not suitable to be entrusted worldly riches which would probably creat a rift between you and God. And if you have, you wouldn't see the need for riches anymore either.

So then, are you still wanting to be rich?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home