Quote of the moment

"If any of you wants to be my follower, you must first put aside your selfish ambition, shoulder your cross daily, and follow me."

Luke 9:23 (NLT)

Tuesday, August 23, 2005

I would like to thank God...

Just during the preparation for my formation's open house cum 40th anniversary, in which i was in charge of setting up a Lan Gaming corner...

- I asked for 11 queue poles, but God gave me 14, and it turned out that i calculated wrongly and 14 was really just nice.

- I decided on using 24 computers although as far as i know our offices only have a total of 21 computers that can run the game i wanted, of which 2 were known to be down. Had thought that our HQ had more computers that i could loan, but just 2 weeks before the actual thing realised that they didn't... God gave me 4 more computers the next week from 2 other units sharing our building and made it possible for me to revive one of the broken-down computers, hitting 24 JUST NICE.

- 10 men were supposed to come under me and help set up 3 tentages, 3 camouflage nets, shift in 12 tables, 24 chairs, a projector screen, a projector, 24 computers and decorate the place. None came till the last week, and even then, only 1 came. Yet God made it possible that some of my specs would come down to help me whenever they could, and i always had 3 men, including myself doing the work. It was crazy, but yea we did it with His help.

- I had not actually planned for it, but God gave me 2 guys from MINDEF who were involved in the project that i was using as a game. They were a great help, helping me set up the game sessions and debug any problems on the day itself.

- My crowd control plan kinda flopped cos the crowd was really too unpredictable. God made it possible that we were able to adjust accordingly, maintain a good turnover with minimal waiting time AND everyone helping me had a good time joining in the game whenever there weren't enought people in a cluster.

There are more i'm sure, every single moment leading up to the event... But of course, these are the more prominent and obvious ones. Blessed? Hardly... I'm just more hopeless than His other followers, so He had to come save my sorry ass ^^

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home