Quote of the moment

"If any of you wants to be my follower, you must first put aside your selfish ambition, shoulder your cross daily, and follow me."

Luke 9:23 (NLT)

Monday, February 20, 2006

Who am i trying to beat?

"I would like to have a hamburger."

^^ Watch Pink Panther haha...

Caught the show yesterday, stupid show, funny yes, but it reminds me of early Stephen Chow movies. The humour's a tad juvenile, there are parts where i don't find it THAT funny, but heck, everyone else's laughing. Or maybe its just me. Sometimes i find myself putting myself in the character's shoes, and suddenly everything doesn't seem so funny anymore. Rather sad really.

Anyway, went to the arcade for a bit after the show, was waiting for ZH to finish his game of tennis (on the game console haha...) Was notified by ZL about this punching game machine, so decided to go try it out. Been feeling kinda violent these days, needed something to "release" myself hahaha...

So i went, bam, 8000+++ points. Poo, the top score's 9000+. Decided to try again, cos i know i could beat that score haha... Hadn't managed to use all my strength mah... Need warm up. Bam. 9000+ but still shy of the top score by a weeeeeeeee bit. Mehh... 2 tries per token. So yea, charged up full power, swing, MISSED the damn punching bag hahahaha.... Should have saw that coming... Mehhhhh... Totally overpowered, zero accuracy. Thats the main reason why i seldom use more than 80% strength >.< Something dumb always happens.

Yea, bummer. That swing would have broken the record for sure if it hit -.- I think. Haha... Anyway, some dude came up to play next. Bam... 9000+++ Bam... broke record. >.< Some young punk bahh... But he did the usual run up bam thing that most people usually do for these punching games. People around me were telling me to do the same thing, use his technique blah blah. I refused to. Sure, i'd love to beat his new record. And having a running start would definitely make it possible. But, i believed that i could beat the record by playing "fair", the way i think the game is meant to be played. So i went again, bam bam.... 8000+++ Lol...

I guess some things never change? I've always insisted on doing things my way. The way i think's right. And even if the results don't turn out as well as others who did it differently (or what i deem as the WRONG way), i'd still believe in my way and just blame myself for not being able to perform well enough for the results to show.

Pros and Cons to this mentality of mine i guess? Its all good if my beliefs are built on the right things, like God's Words. People call that steadfast i think. But if my beliefs are just my beliefs, people call that stubborn. Haha...

So hmmmm... I was being competitive. I had wanted to beat the record. But not by emulating what others do. I wanted to do it MY way, to show others that you don't have to "cheat" to beat the game. But sadly, my Bruce Lee One Inch Punch's still kinda rusty haha... ^ ^

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home