Quote of the moment

"If any of you wants to be my follower, you must first put aside your selfish ambition, shoulder your cross daily, and follow me."

Luke 9:23 (NLT)

Tuesday, March 07, 2006

Where is my running gear?!

Back in camp again... Haiz, gonna go out in the field for Battalion Exercise in 6 hours time. Thankfully there's only 2 such exercises this year. Had like 4 last year? >.< Only be back on Saturday night for me. Combat Engineers, first in last out -.-

On my way in, i suddenly had this inspiration to go for a jog, being such a quiet, breezy night and all. Then i remembered that i didn't have my running gear in camp. Bummer...

***

How many times have i had this urge to do something but was unable to because i lacked the proper equipment? How many times have i wanted to say something for God, do something for Him, but am unable to because i wasn't well equipped in his Words?

That dumb dumb taxi uncle we met on our trip back from the airport came to mind. Sure, he was a stubborn old man who wasn't too right in his head. I had tried numerous approaches to try and share with him my faith, but failed miserably. No thanks to the bunch of extra baggages in the back seat who were too busy laughing at me being called "Ah Boy..." >.<

Yet there's this nagging feeling that i had not tried hard enough, and that i could have done much more if only i were more strongly empowered with His Words. Or rather, that my life has yet to reach the standard that befits my thirst for His Words. All knowledge and not living any of it isn't going to to do me or anyone any good.

Haiz... gotta get equipped! More importantly gotta have the lifestyle to go along with it! No point getting all the running gear if i'm not ever going to run ya?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home