Quote of the moment

"If any of you wants to be my follower, you must first put aside your selfish ambition, shoulder your cross daily, and follow me."

Luke 9:23 (NLT)

Monday, May 29, 2006

Getaway

Suddenly i'm overwhelmed by this desire to get away from the life i've been having for the past few months. Work, go home, surf, play games, sleep, repeat. The past week was worse... Simply work, go home, sleep... And as what i suspect to be a sub-conscious attempt to maintain some semblence of sanity in my life, i've been spending a ridiculous amount of money on gadgets and games.

I think i must own like at least 2 dozen games that i've yet to complete. A handfull of which i know have not even been played at all.

Pathetic. And i had innocently thought that having no girlfriends and no life would allow me to finally have some savings. Right. I think i'm in the same financial pit now as before, if not worse. -..-

Just found out that J's quitting her job today. A surge of envy came and left. I wish i could do the same. But i know i can't. Too many commitments and responsibilities. Plus that dumb "promotion" that just hit me last week legally means i'll be bonded for a year. I so want to have a break. Go backpacking like i've always wanted ever since i read a series of books written by a journalist about his backpacking adventures.

Europe, the Middle East... Just thinking about it sends a tingle down my spine. Could virtually feel all that history and culture materialising into this gigantic "substance" drowning me in it. So much to absorb and broaden my horizens through. To leap out of the well and see the world. I know how much good it would do to someone like me. Yet... when will that day ever come?

So, here i am contemplating my next purchase. Would it be a Macbook Pro or a Honda Civic Hybrid? :p

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home