Quote of the moment

"If any of you wants to be my follower, you must first put aside your selfish ambition, shoulder your cross daily, and follow me."

Luke 9:23 (NLT)

Tuesday, April 25, 2006

Money money money

Just finished a little chat with mum. Haha... She had barged into my room as usual asking me to go check up on the benefits of switching banks for our housing loan for lower interest rates and stuff, which i disagreed with la. Then she started asking about using CPF to make investments and such. I was quite pleased that she held a pretty steady view of the idea, that it should never become our FOCUS in life. Wake up in the morning quickly check stock prices, before sleeping check again... Basically taking over our relationship with God. I warned her tho that even if we may think this way now, when we allow ourselves to be involved, our decision may change and excuses may come in.

I basically used the examples i used in http://just-my-world.blogspot.com/2006/01/what-does-it-take.html to illustrate my point. Which coincidentally happened in real life recently when the ga-men decided to share the wealth with us citizens. Naturally everyone in church over the age of 21 received monies from the ga-men ranging from $400 - $1000+. Unexpected wealth that is outside of our budget considerations definitely, yet when i suggested that the money be given to the Church for the purchases we were about to make (speakers, drumbs and what not), one could really hear a pin drop if not for the carpeted floor in the theatre.

Matthew 6: 21

Wherever your treasure is, there your hearts and thoughts will be. (NLT)

I'm not the one spoiling the market. I'm not doing "extra". I'm TRYING to hit the STANDARD. Not with-holding anything from God when He asks it of me. Especially not something that fell out of the sky!

Mum asked : How do you tell the difference between a Christian who's backsliding; and a person who has forsaken God?

I looked back at my past and told her: A Christian who's backsliding is still a Christian within him, no matter what evils he's committing because of his weakness at that moment, there are parts of him that still belong to God screaming and pulling at his soul. Someone who has forsaken God feels nothing in his heart anymore and does not even see what he is doing as wrong. He can't hear God. Do not be surprised, for there are such people in the Church even. (Not saying our Church but Churches in general la...)

Was kinda amused that Mum started off challenging me, citing MY past behaviour and weaknesses, but ended up listening to me share and i could see her reflecting upon herself as i spoke. NICE ^ ^

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home