Quote of the moment

"If any of you wants to be my follower, you must first put aside your selfish ambition, shoulder your cross daily, and follow me."

Luke 9:23 (NLT)

Monday, March 27, 2006

Duty in Camp Again >.<

There i was thinking there was no work today cos Boss said for everyone to take the day off today. Stayed up till like 2am? Chatting on msn... Woke up at 6 to help wake some sleepyheads up. For some reason couldn't get back to sleep. Stoned around the room till 7 and SUDDENLY remembered that i'm on duty today -.-

So here i am. Back in camp. My day's plans all poof. Good thing i came back though. Was called up by the 2nd-in-command for my yearly interview.

Although i wasn't really expecting anything, i was still kinda surprised and disappointed when i was informed that i'm being passed over yet again at the ranking boards this year. For very very stupid reasons too.

1) Oh! You're actually the same age as him? Oh... you've served in the service longer too. *Gives the OOPS i think i made a mistake face*

2) Oh the other guy has had a rough patch, just finished the 3 yrs no promotion thingy cos of the Letter of Warning he received before, so suay this year got into yet another trouble with the civil law, we're thinking of helping him by upgrading him first before he gets another letter.

-Uh... i also just finished my probation thing? Like i stay out of trouble and i get passed over for that?

3) He has been really persistant in fighting for the upgrade, been seeing the big boss quite a couple of times to express his wish to be upgraded.

- Huh? I put in all that hard work last year working my ass off, volunteering to take up key roles in 2 major projects, while all he does is just talk, maybe shed a few tears and HE gets the upgrade??

***

Ok i'm pretty pissed. I mean its all really crap reasons. If i were caught under-performing, or out-performed, fine. I'm fine with that really. But to be out-manouvred. WTH... Politics in the army. I used to maintain that performance counts, i don't care about all that boot-licking. But hell, looks like i'm proven wrong. Not that i'll change and become a boot-licker. But seriously, i'm disappointed.

I came to this camp after being stomped on by my previous boss. Dejected and pretty broken. Sub-par performance in that first year. Picked myself up last year after all the failed relationships too, threw myself into work, garnered positive feedback from all the bosses, praises all round for the marked improvements. EVERYONE believed i'll be the man. And THIS.

Nah i don't need condolences. Its not a huge loss to me laaa... I always live comfortably no matter how much i earn. A couple of hundred more doesn't really make a difference. I'm just re-assessing my work commitment and seriously just complaining to God. Its probably not just the army. Had i chosen to work outside, its probably gonna be the same. I'm ME. Its ME and not them. I'm sure He'll give me the answer to my WHY real soon, and its definitely an answer i'll agree with.

So Hallelujah, i didn't get my upgrade after all ^ ^

2 Comments:

Blogger Justus said...

Hmmm... Just spoke to my big boss. Seems that things aren't THAT bad. I'll definitely get my upgrade next year, unless i screw up really badly this year. >.<

Oh and my little chat with him made him realise he made a mistake calculation mistake somewhere. Now it seems that there's a 50% chance i still would get my upgrade this year hah.

Mehh... doesn't matter, i've already found my focus for this year. While i still have the chance quickly come up with a proposal for the running of this $100k+++ computer lab that i put together. :) Who knows? If i work really hard i may see a promotion coming sooner than expected and make up for the years wasted flunking my studies -.-

10:52 AM  
Blogger sydnee said...

sounds like a sucky day. sorry.

1:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home