Quote of the moment

"If any of you wants to be my follower, you must first put aside your selfish ambition, shoulder your cross daily, and follow me."

Luke 9:23 (NLT)

Friday, November 25, 2005

Dream Girl

As i sit here awaiting Death's arrival, somehow my mediocre brain is only filled with images of the girls i've dated. Girls i've loved. Girls that i've hurt. Girls that hurt me. And suddenly i remember that list i made so many years ago. My dream girl...

I was 14 and Pastor Chua somehow mentioned to me that its about time i started praying for my future life partner. I was like, WTH? Isn't it abit early? Basketball was everything, i knew nothing about girls then. I never did pray about it. Perhaps i should have hmmm... But i did start making a list of attributes that she should have and i should look out for... That list had grown, shrunk, and gone through various changes as i grew and matured. And here's the list as of 25 Nov 05.

1. She must be Christian. And not just the average Church goer. A true Christian who asks questions, doesn't just blindly believe and not know anything. Someone who really knows our God...

2. Must not be older than me... (I already look younger than my age... Any girl older than me would be mistaken for my aunt >.<)

3. Must not be taller than me

4. Must not be a 嫁鸡随鸡 type of girl who says yes to everything the hubby says. Must come with a personality and brains!

5. Preferably someone who laughs out loud when she feels like it without worrying about the public. Someone like me la... No need wear mask... Be who we are...

6. Should be funny, cute, with a tinge of naughtiness but kind hearted.

7. Independent, yet reliant on me in ways that make me feel that i'm needed.

8. I've tried to see past looks, but... i guess she still has to look nice, attractive to me at least. Sometimes all it takes is a pair of nice big eyes, or a really nice smile...

9. 魔鬼般的身材! I remember DREAMING about a girl with 34C-24-35 stats hahaha... But after realising all the girls i dated were 'A' grade, i gave up hahaha...

10. Keep the list to 10 i guess. Last but not least, she has to love me the way i love her. That is with everything... Of course God comes first, but its because God comes first that i know how i should love her the way she deserves to be loved. Cheam? Not if you understand true love...

Of course there are other minor points, such as having the same interests as me. But my interests are so wide its seldom a real problem. These 10 are kinda the 10 Criterias i guess? And failing any of them would be an auto failure... Used to think its ok, no way i can find anyone who satisfies all 10. But now i think i'll hold out. Its all or nothing. Heh... Gotta harden my heart (not elsewhere -.-) For her good and mine.

Somewhere out there...

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

i read point 1 and i dun think i need to read the rest le....

chop "REJECT"

11:50 AM  
Blogger Justus said...

Haha... true... Last time it was in point 10. Now i've finally moved it up to 1 for keeps... Sigh...

9:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home