Quote of the moment

"If any of you wants to be my follower, you must first put aside your selfish ambition, shoulder your cross daily, and follow me."

Luke 9:23 (NLT)

Monday, November 14, 2005

Pride and Prejudice

Had just finished the previous entry when i realised how full of shit i am as well lol... Oh btw, i wonder if the show P&P is nice? Coming out soon i think... if not already showing.

Digress...

Eh, i was saying that i've got my pride and prejudices as well. LOTS of them. Like how i HATE it when someone corrects my English... Actually i hate it cos they're right and i'm wrong. I just hate being wrong haha... Perfectionist mah... Another defect of mine. Either do it perfectly or don't do it at all. Which i've tried and failed to hit "Perfection", resulting in me giving up all together and being not bothered as a result. Hmmm... read something about this in the forum last night. Heh... But i only expect perfection from myself and not others... i think...?

Which leads to me also hating it when someone comments that i missed a beat while playing the drums. *Fume* Worse, say i totally off-beat! Yea i miss a beat or two when i attempt "stunts" and fail, that i admit. But to be off-beat, thats impossible. That person's hearing got problem... Bleah... Anyway, if i were off-beat, Sam would definitely be staring at me and going "tsk tsk" while trying to catch my attention with the twitching of his head hahaha...

Oh i can't stand it when someone claims to be smarter than i am, or when i hear someone praising another person over myself too... >.< Super pride coming into play here. More from inferiority complex mostly i suppose? Since i'm the dropout here, no matter how valid my reasons were. I can shout all i want that i'm the smartest smarty pants that this world has ever seen and everyone will just brush me off in favous of any tom dick or harry with a degree. There were times when i had really wanted to prove my worth by achieving something everyone would recognise, ie. 5 Cs and the such. But eventually, God exerted His influence over me and now i'm dedicated to seeking someway to make everyone SEE. Kinda slacking and not been putting my brain power fully into the task now and then too hah... But then again, come to think of it, i don't think God gave me this task cos i THINK i'm smartEST in the whole wide world. I don't think this task can be accomplished using brains alone at all. Hmm... REVELATION!!! Hmmmm hummmmm heeee hooooooo... Nvm i'll ponder upon this at my own leisure. ^^

Despite being a smarty pant myself, i HATE smarty pants lol... People who are full of themselves, people who can never accept the fact that they're wrong. Maybe because we would definitely clash, each being so sure of ourselves being right and the other person wrong. Haha... In fact that could be it ^^;

Otherwise i don't have many prejudices. Ahhhhhh just as i typed that... Oh yes i can't stand RICH people lol... Actually I'm fine if you're rich but not rub it in everyone's face. But those idiots who think the world of themselves just cause they've got some dough... grrrr... A certain 45 yr old multi-millionaire who drives a yellow porsche comes into mind. Haha...

***

Yea i'm far from being perfect... by perfect i'm thinking Jesus Christ who showed us it can be done, no excuses ^^; Sure i screwed up countless times, but i've repented and am moving on. If you truly love me, let go of my past too and see me for what i am today. I'm still improving and moving towards that perfection. I may never reach it, but love me for my desire to reach it ya? And if you do, i'll be grateful from the bottom of my heart...

See me for who i am behind the mask that i may unknowingly wear. My heart's all yours, you who understand me...

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

u know, if someone corrects u, u oni malu once...
if tt person dun correct u, u will continue to make the same mistake and malu in front of more ppl ;)

6:05 PM  
Blogger Justus said...

Yeap i know that ar, thats why i'm receptive to corrections lor... Plus there's so much i don't know still... But that doesn't mean i LIKE being corrected haha...

6:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home