Quote of the moment

"If any of you wants to be my follower, you must first put aside your selfish ambition, shoulder your cross daily, and follow me."

Luke 9:23 (NLT)

Thursday, November 17, 2005

Bobo Shooter

Just finished 3 days of shooting at the range.

Missed Marksman by ONE shot. AGAIN.

And again, i'm blaming it on factors beyond my control. Last year i was denied the chance for a reshoot due to weapon fault cos of lack of rounds... This year, i was distracted by a REALLY idiotic warrant officer.

Ok i really need to get this off my chest.

There's this position we shoot from, the prone position where basically you just lie flat on your stomach. Its called "Prone without support". Without support meaning without sandbag support that we have in another position.

Now my technique is to just lean my rifle magazine (thing below the rifle containing the rounds, long thing) on the floor as a form of support instead of placing my hand below the rifle to support it. There's nothing wrong with that since the rules just say no sandbag. I mean if you seriously meant no support, then even the hand is a form of support >.<

This dumb ass who was "invigilating" me was screaming his head off "Sir! You're not allowed to lean on your magazine! I'll disqualify you!" And i was like "Go check the bloody directive, stop bothering me!" He went on and on and i was fuming so much that i lost all my concentration, missing 2 shots at that position that i would have usually not missed. (Proof: i hit ALL my targets during the night shoot in THAT position).

Thanks to him, at the end of the shoot was short of ONE point to get marksman and be awarded $200. Grrrrr... Really pissed. But then again, i can't blame him totally. I mean i COULD have just hit all the rest of my targets and not miss any, but i didn't. So why put the blame on those 2 shots that i missed thanks to him? And i can only blame myself for not being able to concentrate... Its all part of winning and losing. I can come up with a billion reasons, but the fact is, i did miss.

Bahhhhh... doesn't make me feel any better though... Cos i KNOW i'm a crackshot, but somehow... Bahhhhhhhh... Who cares if i hit all targets during combat shoots and practices... I didn't during the damn test. Booooooooooo

1 Comments:

Blogger Miss Whale said...

incredible..... ur entries alwaz make me laff...... ^________^

11:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home