Quote of the moment

"If any of you wants to be my follower, you must first put aside your selfish ambition, shoulder your cross daily, and follow me."

Luke 9:23 (NLT)

Saturday, November 26, 2005

Empty Vs Full

In my weakened state i dragged myself out of bed and went down to Jurong Point to search for materials for that sketch we are putting up for the missionary trip...

Pretty miraculously i'd say, i managed to secure the LAST 2 packets of wires that i needed. And as i was walking home i had another revelation.

It was probably due to the fact that i could hardly gather any strength in my body, every limb feeling empty and devoid of energy. I suddenly felt that my energy came not from me but from God. That the stuff i've done today were done not by my own strengths but by His. And it hit me.

Everyday, we go about doing stuff that we do, so Full of ourselves that God had no Space to work. I was walking and thinking: I'm totally Empty today, and Reliant on God totally that somehow i feel that Nothing is impossible! It seemed strange at first, then not so strange on second thought. God is all-powerful, and if i relied on Him to accomplish every single task no matter how small, everything would be done perfectly wouldn't it? So much for impossible.

It felt good knowing that. Yet i know that once my own strength returned to me, i would probably start doing things by my own strengths again, relegating God to the benches, To be used when needed. Which is wrong of course. He wants to give me strength.

Matthew 11:28-30

Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and i will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for i am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light.


Why do we toil and struggle when He has offered to help? Throw away our yoke and take up His!

And its not just talking about physical strength, but mental, spiritual, everything.

When i am nothing, i have everything...

2 Comments:

Blogger Karen said...

Hi Justus,
Thank you for your advice that nice guys can be shitty too. I will try not to date anyone for a few months, but definately definately I will not contact Alex for a few months after he leaves. My big goal is to be the single gal for hopefully several months. I need to clear up my mind and gain some self esteem. Thank you!
*Hugz*

8:25 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think regarding ur post on ur future gf or wife, I really fit all the points except the first one cos i dun believe in christianity...

11:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home