Quote of the moment

"If any of you wants to be my follower, you must first put aside your selfish ambition, shoulder your cross daily, and follow me."

Luke 9:23 (NLT)

Saturday, August 27, 2005

Self Discovery

WOW! Justus joined us today!


Eh... like thanks guys. Last night after our Formation 40th Anniversary Dinner at Mount Faber SAFRA, i went down this place called Villa Bali for drinks. And yea, i really really really seldom join my colleagues.

Anyway everyone was like oggling at the girls that were present (A surprisingly goody lot of em too). I wasn't really in the mood and so i was just sitting back, chilling out, fiddling with my phone taking random snaps and sipping my red wine.

Things got rowdy cos SOMEONE got drunk AGAIN. I think he does it on purpose to himself for some unknown reason. To down 3 glasses of red wine in a row is suicide... at least for him. And he was supposed to drive us all back >.<

As usual the gang had to send him home. I called his girlfriend who was staying with him... His mum came down as well. Everyone was like angry with him... Esp since he was leaving for Gentings in like 6 hrs time. Doh...

Anyway... What am i talking about???

Lost track hahaha...

I got to meet this girl who was interesting in a very intellectual way AND visually appetitising. Not exactly WOW, but delectable. Lol... Notice how i link girls to food? To be eaten yea? Bleah... Kenna slapped for sure.

Anyway. I didn't do anything. By that i meant i did not release the full force of my charming self upon the poor girl. Not that it works on EVERY girl. But hell i could have tried. But i didn't.

What can i give her?

Despite being abit tipsy, with fire in my blood. My 26 years of wisdom (add another 1000 yrs from my daily reflections)gave worthy counsel.

What makes you think she'll find YOU interesting?

Even if she does and we eventually fall heads over heels in love, what do you have to give her?

Notice again how i think TOO far into the future? But i always do... the possibility mah... Afterall, according to the wisdom passed down, a platonic relationship between a guy and a girl is impossible. Argue all you want, but generally its true. Unless of cos someone ain't too straight. Which probably suggests that the only point for a boy to want to know a girl is to start a relationship with her. I don't know about you, but when i say relationship, i mean a proper, lifelong commitment kinda relationship, ie. Marriage. Alien concept? >.< Of cos... these days its THOSE kind of relationship that involves alot of moaning, groaning, sweating and grinding...

So for me, it goes back to the problem that i've been trying to solve, but been unable to. My purpose in life. And not having found it means there is no point in disappointing a girl, who's life would have peacefully gone on had i not barged into it and left in a mess. Disappointment. Yeap. Expectations of a seemingly intellectual individual who could have the world at his feet. Bah...

Yeap, i've grown up abit more. ^^

Oh, incidentally i found out the CO of one of my reservist's unit's the VP and GM of HP (Singapore). He didn't SEEM that zai... Uh... random musing haha... But yea, i wish i was half as accomplished... boooooooo...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home